Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Today is the day

Last night I was restless, to say the least. I was overwhelmed with emotion, anxious nerves, mind racing a mile a minute kind of feeling. I couldn't sleep. It was like that 5 year old inside of me knowing I'm going to Disney World the next day! Except this is way better :)

Today is the day I am getting induced. I am now 41 weeks - overly pregnant- and 7:00 pm marks the time I call my doctor to make sure they're ready for me. 8:00 pm hospital arrival and then we're ready! Ready for the poking and prodding, needles, monitors, and long hours in a hospital bed with a mattress that seems to not hardly qualify for a mattress at all but rather a mat with a little cushion. Not my ideal delivery room situation but hey, better than being the woman delivering in Walmart? I think so.

So today I am OCD-on-overdrive. Up early, wish I had coffee, making a list of everything I have to do around the house to make coming home with a baby easy - well, easier. If there is such thing of it being "easy". Stocking diapers, disinfecting nearly everything I touch, making sure I have enough paci's, wipes, onesies... Is the mom-to-be list ever ending?

I am the definition of a "Type A personality". I have to have everything perfect, even though I know I will miss something and freak out about it once I am home with a newborn! It's a scary thought. I hope I have everything I need... I'm sure I do. My ever so organized, super mom of a mother made sure I had everything I needed, and I mean everything down to dotting the I's and crossing the t's. Thank God for women like her in the world, thank God for my mom - I'm sane because of her.

My baby girl still doesn't have a name. It's been a heated debate now for a few months and we cannot, will not, come to an agreement on a name we both like. I never thought naming a baby would be so difficult. Naming a puppy, a fish, a cat... Piece of cake! Naming a baby, my baby, now thats the hardest decision I've ever had to make. There are the "trendy-cute" baby names... Lilliana- Lilli, Giuliana -Gia, Mia, London, Leighton, etc... Those have all been on our list now for months but the one name I picked out is still racing through my mind. Still haunting me everywhere I go. Is it a sign? Perhaps. A sign from my Papa, telling me he's here. He's with me and helping guide me through life and all I've had to go through. I can't imagine giving my daughter a "trendy cute" name that means nothing to me... But we shall see. In a few hours, a few days... Who knows, maybe she will have a trendy cute baby name after all... I won't know until I meet her, and at that moment my life will forever be changed. As I feel her moving and kicking inside of me, I feel as though I could never love someone, or something more than her. I can't wait to meet her and fall in love, No matter what her name may be.

Here goes nothin'. It's 8:00 am. I have 12 hours to clean this house, and get it "bring home baby ready". I can do this. After all I do have a super mom... Maybe it's hereditary? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment