Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lennon's Beach Day

Today has gone down in writing as one of my favorite memories made with my family!

We took Lennon to the beach today, 
she was excited, can ya tell?

It was her FIRST time ever at the beach or in the water and... She loved it!
I think saying she loved it is really an understatement, she was laughing and cooing and bouncing everyone we went near the water and cried a little when we walked away!

We grabbed some brats, some beer and Lennon's cooler full of ice and water and yummy lunch and headed to Sanford! My dad, his girlfriend and her kids met us there and we had a little cookout. Lennon finally woke up from her nap and went to the water park. 

At first she was kind of scared of getting in the water but as soon as I put her foot in she lunged forward trying to grab the water as it was coming out of the sprinklers in the ground!

We ventured off onto the beach and she put her toes and fingers in the sand right away! She grabbed sand and threw it everywhere including all over me, Dan and her face! She did great up until she took a handful and ate it! Hey, what kid doesn't try it at least once in their life. Babies & sand? It's inevitable. We rinsed off by playing in the water more and splashing daddy who was our photographer for the day :)

Lennon learned new things today, explored new places and met new people. The look in her eyes when she saw the water for the first time was priceless. The look on her face when her toes touched the sand and when she ate it, when she splashed in what she probably thinks is a ginormous sandy bathtub, and when she saw the water coming out of the sprinklers was a look I wish I could see forever. 

Lennon's day at the beach...

Lennon & Daddy

Lennon loving the sand! 

Lennon loved the splash park & kept trying to grab the water!

and of course, she tried eating the sand...
Lennon & Daddy playing
Lennon walking  waddling with Daddy through the sprinklers
Family pic time!
Miss smarty pants thought the bucket still had water in it,
she wanted a drink... and got stuck!

If she knew how to swim, she would have been in the deep end by now!
My favorite Mommy Daughter moment
I think I had more sand in my suit than she did by the end of the day!

Pictures tell a thousand words...
and I still couldn't capture the look in her eyes when she saw the water. But, it is a look I will cherish and see in my mind forever. The sweet look of innocence, the look of excitement and joy! She made my day! 

Leaving the beach today Dan & I looked at each other and laughed and talked about how great of a day it really was! We cannot wait to spend more summer days at the beach!

Tonight, Lennon learned how to walk along the couch, the ottoman, everything!! She pulls herself up and takes a few steps to get to where she wants to go as long as she is holding on to something. It won't be long friends... she will be walking SOON! 

Happy Sunday. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment