Sunday, July 6, 2014

DIY [sun]DAY

Today was a cloudy, cranky kid, tired parents, not a good day for laying in the pool tanning, stay inside kind of day. 

So I pulled out the DIY crafts tote, kicked my imagination into gear and got to work.

Since we recently ... Well, I recently splurged... And got a new shower curtain that's BRIGHT orange and HOT pink I decided to make a painting to match. 

Here it is...


Bright orange paint, large canvas and these awesome reusable Hazel & Ruby stickers from Michaels. [although they're $19.99 a set, they're so worth it!] I highly recommend them for any DIY projects! 



Add layers of hot pink, light pink, bubble gum pink.... Etc.


Use these awesomely inexpensive craft paint brushes, also from Michaels, and VOILA! 

I swear that's hot pink. It looks pretty purple in this photo though. Damn lighting. 


It matches my shower curtain. Woohoo!


And of course when you give a mouse a cookie...

... or when you give a girl a paint brush.
... She's going to want to keep painting. 

So I decided to makeover this cardboard K I bought on clearance a few days ago to match our new brightly colored living room decor! :) 



A COLORFUL HOME IS A HAPPY HOME!! :)) 

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment