Monday, July 13, 2015

Happy 3rd Birthday Lennon!

Three years ago on July 10th I was sitting in my apartment asking myself, are these the real contractions? As I stood up I realized that my water was breaking... slowly but surely. We packed our bags, and on the way to lunch we called our OB. We went to eat at The Junction, quickly ate lunch and headed to the hospital after for baby to be born! We waited a long, painful 10 hours filled with eating ice, having horrible contractions, and being impatient and scared. When the time finally came it was 4:19 AM on July 11th and our beautiful baby girl was born. We named her Lennon Danielle!


Since that long, challenging day my life has changed. Every mother can tell you that the day their child is born their lives change forever and I don't want to sound like a broken record so I won't elaborate too much but, it's true. I never realized that three years later I would still feel the same way I did the moment the nurses put that baby on my chest. I look at Lennon every day and smile at how beautiful she is. She's smart, loving, caring, funny, energetic and spunky. She's charismatic, she's a jokester, she's silly and goofy and everything a toddler should be! Every day that I spend with her I am so grateful that I am blessed enough to enjoy these moments and not have to work my day away.

Lennon turned 3 this past Saturday and it was an amazing birthday weekend for her! Saturday we enjoyed free slurpee day - yum - and a fun party filled with a life-size Sofia The First balloon, a bounce house, family and friends and lots of fun gifts. Lennon had such a great time playing with her cousins and friends!






We spent Sunday taking to church, she started her first day in the new 3 year old classroom... and she told all of her friends that she's 3 now! Then we took Lennon to her first ever movie at the theaters to see Minions and surprisingly, she did amazing. She enjoyed sitting in a "big girl chair" like mom and dad, having her own little popcorn and pop, and she laughed through the entire movie! It's little moments like those that make me smile. Especially since all the kids in the theater sat quietly, she didn't whine or want to leave and she enjoyed it so much. Of course before the movie Lennon was decked out in her Minion attire and made daddy match her! I didn't have any Minion attire to wear... bummer ;)




After the movie we enjoyed swimming, went out to dinner together as a family and cuddles before bed. We all slept like babies last night after such a long weekend and it was much needed. Now it's Monday and right after breakfast Lennon insisted on putting on her princess dress-up outfits and riding her scooter around the house. She's really enjoying all of her new gifts... Thank you so much to all of our friends and family who came to her party and Karen for donating the bounce house!


Happy 3rd Birthday Lennon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment